The Artists Village is conducting an open call for artists and non-artists to apply for the programme. Applicants are highly encouraged to propose projects relating to the environmental, natural and communal content on the island Pulau Ubin.
Provided for resident artists during their stay:
- Artists fee of SGD$500 and materials fee of SGD$200 per month (for a duration of 3-months with the flexibility of time)
- Accomodation and working studio on the island
- Basic working tools
- Bicycle for moving around on the island
- Mobile broadband Internet
- 12-Volts power supply (for charging up mobile phones and small laptops)
- Publicity for all events
- Assistance for exhibition set-up
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old. However, we do not accept applications from students regardless of age.
- Applicants must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Applicants are given the flexibility to choose a duration that suits their project and personal schedule but are highly encouraged to commit for 3 months.
- This art residency strongly consists of a multi-disciplinary component and is not limited to visual artists only. We welcome artists and non-artists from any disciplines, such as dancers, musicians, art critics, writers, curators, environmentalists, scientists, etc.
- Selected artists will have the option to use materials found on the island.
- Resident artists are to present talk(s) and conduct a workshop during the period of the residency. They can present their final work in the form of an exhibition, performance or publication. The venue will be YOUR MOTHER GALLERY. However, resident artists can negotiate for other venues (subject to availability) to showcase their work.
- Applicants are to submit their residency proposal with all relevant materials via Email to us. Please see Residency application form.
- Please send your completed residency application via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit all applications by 10 October 2014. Late submission will not be accepted.
For more info: http://www.tav.org.sg/artistsinresidency/opencall.html