Today is the 1st World Wildlife Day!
6 years, 4 months ago
3 March is the anniversary of the adoption of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) and recently designated as World Wildlife Day by the United Nations General Assembly.
How are you celebrating wildllife today?
Here are some ideas:
1. Take a few minutes and enjoy a wild animal going about its day. It could be a bird picking at the grass, or a squirrel dashing along a fence.
2. Become a member of a nature or wildlife group in Singapore.
3. Write or share a post online about a wild animal you love.
4. Support the rangers who protect our wildlife. Send a thank you note or donate to wildlife enforcement projects.
5. Say no to plastic bags. They often end up as marine debris, killing marine animals that mistake the bags for food.
Share on Facebook